Commissioning a saber
Early in 2012 I started a new policy for taking on custom saber commissions. Here’s the short version;
- I will only discuss new commissions during the first week of each new quarter (Jan.1, April 1, July 1, Oct. 1). I then decide on 2 or 3 which I will design and build, and invite the rest of the applicants tor try again in 3 months. This is the best way to avoid long wait lists.
- When I accept a commission, I take a %30 non refundable deposit, the rest is due when the saber is completed.
- I tend to choose the high-end commissions like Genesis Elite sabers, or sabers worth over $2000. And projects where I get to be the designer – I’m not interested in producing a detailed design by someone else.
- I will continue to offer custom work on my production saber lines for those with a smaller budget, contact me to discuss what options I can offer.
(I use Plecter Labs Sound boards exclusively)
Prices will vary depending on features and design complexity
Genesis Elite Saber with Crystal Focus sound
- Parts (inc. hard to get) $550
- Labour $1000
- Design/art $450
- Total: $2000 and up
- Krayt Bone TM (add $100 +/-)
- Lit Crystal (add $200 +/-)
- Bargraph (add $80 +/-)
- Color Extender and R.I.C.E (add $200 +/-)
- Acid etching (add $200-$500 +/-)
Upgrades and repairs (only on my sabers)
- I charge a basic shop fee of $65/hour.
- Parts prices will be listed with a small markup to cover the cost to have them shipped here.
- Shipping and handling fees apply to all repairs/upgrades and warranty work.